Monday, September 19, 2011

Wyclef: I'm a 'huge fan' of Sarah Palin because she's 'rad' and 'shrewd'

If Wyclef Jean has his way, Sarah Palin won't be gone till November 2012 - and even then she'll be on her way to the White House.

The Grammy-award winning Haitian artist sang the former Alaska governor's praises earlier this week, telling Women's Wear Daily that he's "a huge fan" of the Republican.

Why?

"Cause she's rad. She's shrewd. She's cool … Anyone should have the right to say, 'Look I can do the job and this is what qualifies me to do the job,'" he said of the presidential flirt.

Jean, who made an unsuccessful bid for president of Haiti last year, added, "I'm not saying she could be the next president, you know, but there's something about her...people think I'm crazy, but I like her, I do. I can like whoever."

Palin has come under the microscope this week after salacious allegations surfaced in the new book "The Rogue" by best-selling author Joe McGinniss. The scribe claims Palin dabbled in cocaine and had a one-night stand with hoops star Glen Rice.

As for Jean, he doesn't play party favorites.

In 2009, the 41-year-old Fugee threw his support behind Obama, insisting to MTV that he was a "groupie from the very beginning."

No comments:

Post a Comment