Thursday, April 28, 2011

Being Your Own Boss is Not Limited to the Rich and Elite (read my Story)

I think it would help if I give you some background to introduce myself, I am 41 years old and I am a single dad.Four years ago I was working as a refuge collector I have since worked my way up to become a health & safety officer.
I have always wanted to be my own boss but I always though being your own boss was limited to the rich and elite.
You May Be Interested:
Overclocking Your CPU to the Extreme - Is It the Real Deal?
Tax Benefits of Long Term Care Insurance
The codification of GAAP: what tax executives need to know.
Bankruptcy judge allows tribune to vote for reorganization plan
The road to resolve credit card debt

As I had no experience of running a business and very little cash I thought it would always be a dream.
However 10 months ago something happened that totally change my outlook on life and gave me the courage to begin the journey towards becoming my own boss. The thing that changed my outlook was the sad death from cervical cancer of my wife Claire.
I realised that to give myself and my daughter a better quality of life I was going to have to take a leap of faith and commit to running my own business. When I refer to quality of life I don't only mean finances (although I don't care what anybody says money is a priority) I also mean spending quality time with my family and being in a position to help other people.
I did lots of research into businesses that would allow me to work from home and spend time with my daughter; by far the best opportunity I found for me was online marketing (carbon copy pro). You will need to find what is right for you.
It was very scary committing to take that first huge step and sign up but the first week or so was great lots of people ringing and emailing with advice and starting to work through the training programme.
It was not all plain sailing though after a couple of weeks I felt I had been left alone and was struggling to see the way forward. Then after a month of starting I got a call from the support centre which was very welcome and opened my eyes and set me once again on the right path.
Where am I today? I am very happy that I made that leap of faith and joined carbon copy pro, I am certainly not making six figures and I still have an awful lot to learn but I am my own boss I work when I want and I spend lots of time with my daughter every day.
I have wrote this article to try and assist in trying to make people realise that being your own boss is a possibility for everybody you should not be put off by a lack of experience or a lack of money if i can do it anybody can do it you just need to take that first step it really is not restricted to the rich and elite of this world.
If you want to find out more go to www.andyhughes69.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment