Saturday, February 12, 2011

Keith Olbermann says goodbye to MSNBC and hello to Fox News?

MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann has abruptly left his hugely popular MSNBC Program "Countdown with Keith Olbermann."

Following Olbermann's unexpected announcement at the end of Friday's "Countdown," MSNBC released the following statement:

MSNBC and Keith Olbermann have ended their contract. The last broadcast of “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” will be this evening. MSNBC thanks Keith for his integral role in MSNBC’s success and we wish him well in his future endeavors.

While few details surrounding his unanticipated departure are known, rumors are swirling that Olbermann could turn up on Fox News within weeks.

Possibly MSNBC's biggest name, Keith Olbermann ended Friday's program in typical deadpan fashion.

"In the mundane world television goodbyes, reality is laughably uncooperative," Olbermann said.

"As God as my witness, in the commercial break just before the emotional moment, the producer got into my earpiece and he said, 'um, can you cut it down to 15 seconds so we get in this tennis result from Stuttgart,'" he added.

"So I'm grateful I have a little more time to sign off here. Regardless this is the last edition of 'Countdown.'"

Two months ago, Keith Olbermann was briefly suspended by MSNBC for violating the ethics policy of the cable network.

Olbermann had donated to three Democrats seeking federal office without previously disclosing the information to viewers or executives at MSNBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment